– 3 C almond meal/flour (I prefer meal)
– 1/2 C tapioca flour
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I use a bit more cinnamon and nutmeg)
– 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
– 1/4 C Coconut oil
– 2-3 tbsp agave nectar or honey
– A hint of pure maple syrup (I probably added a wee bit more than a cave woman would have…but I also would have had more cave woman friends because of it!)
– 1 Tbsp. gluten free vanilla
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup raw organic walnut pieces
– 1/2 cup raw unsweetened organic coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put coconut oil in a heat safe bowl and place on middle of stove to melt while walnuts and coconut flakes are toasting.
3. Place walnuts and coconut flakes on a cookie sheet and toast for 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil and maple sugar until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, agave, and vanilla.
6. Add the egg mixture to the maple/coconut oil mixture, and beat to thoroughly combine.
7. In another separate bowl (I know, so many bowls to clean, but it’s worth it!), combine the almond meal, tapioca flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, soda, and salt.
8. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and mix until well combined.
9. Add the walnut and coconut flakes and fold in until well combined.
10. On a greased cookie sheet (or parchment paper lined), form batter into balls about 2″ wide (smaller or bigger, depending on your self-control on what a real ‘serving size’ should be!)
11. Place about 2″ apart.
12. Bake about 9 minutes, or until lightly browned (see photo below).
13. Find a nice spot on the couch, calculate how many burpees you need to do to burn these off, and enjoy!
Submitted by Krista