- 4 lbs hamburger
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 -1 green pepper, chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 – 6 eggs
- 1 – 1&1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- salt (about 1 tsp per lb of meat or more if you like more salt)
- pepper (as much as you like pepper)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- chili powder (as much as you like spicy foods)
- 1 can tomato sauce mixed with remaining 1/2 can of tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep onion & peppers.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except the sauce mixed with the remaining tomato paste.
- Start with 4 eggs and one cup of almond flour, add additional eggs and flour until the loaf binds together well.
- Form into a loaf with a crevice down the middle.
- Place in a casserole or baking dish that allows for at least 1-2 inches of space around the loaf.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted at a 45 degree angle (not touching the bottom of the pan) reads 145-155 degrees. Usually it takes 1&1/2 hours or so. If you cut the recipe in half, check the loaf after 1 hour.
Optional additional ingredients: mushrooms (sliced thin), green olives (halved), substitute some pork for the hamburger, red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, jalapeno peppers (chopped)
Contributed by Mary