- 1 – 2 lbs large Medjool dates
- 1 -2 lbs bacon
- 1 – 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 1/2 – 1 cup whole, dry-roasted, unsalted almonds (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Pit the dates with a chopstick to create a nice clean hollow through the date. Slice the fresh pineapple into slivers that will fit the hollow. Cut the bacon strips in half.
- Stuff the fresh pineapple into the dates. You can also jam an almond or two in some of the bigger dates.
- Wrap each date with a half-slice of bacon and skewer with a toothpick to secure the bacon around the date.
- Place on a cookie sheet and broil for 10 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Let cool on a paper towel.
Makes 2 -3 dozen.
Adapted from an original recipe posted here: http://cfscceat.blogspot.com/2010/04/bacon-wrapped-almond-stuffed-date.html
Contributed by Michael J.