- 1 lb. shrimp
- 2 lemons… juiced
- 2 Limes… juiced
- 2 Oranges… juiced
- 1 C. cucumbers… 1/4″ diced, seeded
- 1/2 C. Onions, Red… finely chopped
- 2 Serrano Chiles… seeded, finely chopped
- 1 C. tomatoes… seeded, diced
- 1 avocado… 1/2″ diced
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, fresh… roughly chopped
- 1/4 C. Oil, Olive
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Poaching Liquid: 2 quarts water, tablespoon kosher salt
Prepare through Step 2 and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Combine water and 1 tablespoon salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp and immediately turn off the heat. Let the shrimp sit until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Chop the shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a medium nonreactive bowl. Add lemon, lime and orange juice. Stir in cucumber, onion and chiles. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to 4 hours.
- Stir tomato, avocado, chopped cilantro, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt into the shrimp mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
Contributed by Kevin F.