This is a great alternative to mashed potatoes!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- rosemary (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- Chop cauliflower into small chunks (including stems) and place in a medium saucepan or dutch oven. Add crushed garlic cloves and chicken stock to the cauliflower and bring to a boil. You can also add rosemary here if you want.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to medium, cover, and let cook for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender and there’s no more excess liquid in the bottom of the pan.
- If excess liquid remains yet cauliflower is extremely tender, drain off the extra liquid.
- Put cauliflower into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can also mash the cauliflower by hand in a large bowl if you don’t have a blender/processor or would like a chunkier mash.
- Season with salt/pepper and garnish with paprika, and voila. You’ve got a great alternative to mashed potatoes!