- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded or chopped finely
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chia seeds (or the Hemp Hearts from Costco!)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Feel free to add mushrooms or other veggies are good additions too!
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously spray a nonstick muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Gently mix turkey, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, egg, vinegar, mustard, other veggies, pepper
and salt in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking. Equally divide the mixture
among the muffin cups.
3. Bake until the meatloaves are cooked through or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the
center registers 165 degrees F, about 25 minutes. Let the loaves stand in the pan for 5 minutes
Makes 6 servings, 2 loaves each.
Contributed by Stina