- 3 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 apple, diced
- 8 strips of bacon, diced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- Handful of sliced almonds for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard (Trader Joe’s has a nice one)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the diced sweet potatoes with the coconut oil and spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook diced bacon in a large skillet.
- Once the bacon is crispy, add the sliced leeks and saute for another 4-5 minutes.
- Put your spinach in a large salad bowl and add the bacon and leek mixture.
- Toss well, letting the warm bacon welt the spinach.
- Add the apples and sweet potatoes to the salad and toss together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the salad, mix well, and garnish with the sliced almonds.
Adapted from everydaypaleo.com