- 1 onion
- 3 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb extra lean beef stew meat
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 8 fl oz beef stock
- 1 5 fl. oz serving of red wine
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted diced tomatoes)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 bay leaf
- Soften onion and garlic in big pot until translucent.
- Add beef and allow to brown.
- Stir in diced carrots and diced celery, allow to soften for about a minute.
- Add stock, red wine, canned tomatoes (with juice), oregano, bay leaf, salt, and basil.
- Put lid on and simmer on low heat for at least one hour.
Adopted from Paleo Plan (http://www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-03/paleo-beef-stew/)
Contributed by Sara Sloyer – Stina’s sister! 🙂
Sara’s comments: ” It was sooooo good. Especially on a wintry day like today. I added butternut squash towards the end because I wanted to add something else. Nommm.”