- 1 bunch of kale of your choice
- 1 small butternut squash (or sweet potato)
- 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1 pomegranate or pack of fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup of raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Drizzle olive oil over peeled and cubed butternut squash and spread onto a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and roast for about 25 minutes (until soft). Remove and let it cool.
- In the meantime, rinse and chop kale. Place it into a large mixing bowl and toss with the lemon juice to soften the kale.
- Seed your pomegranate (or add in raspberries) and mix in with the sunflower seeds. I tossed in some pumpkin seeds I had lying around too!
- Blend the sesame oil and Dijon mustard in a separate, small bowl to make your dressing.
- Add cooled butternut squash and dressing and mix.
Enjoy this healthy and energizing salad, and save leftovers for lunch the next day!
Use the leftover kale to make kale chips!
Contributed by Stina and her sister, Sara!