- 4-6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1″ chunks
- Several handfuls of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned, full fat)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 heaping Tbsp melted coconut oil, separated
- Salt to taste
- Place peeled and cut sweet potatoes in a large soup pot filled with water.
- Bring water to a boil, and boil sweet potatoes until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl or mixer.
- With mixer or hand mixer, mash sweet potatoes on low to keep from getting lumpy or “glue-like”.
- Continue to mash and stir, while adding 1 Tbsp coconut oil, coconut milk, salt, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Add to casserole dish or pyrex bowl.
- Make topping in a separate bowl: cover chopped walnuts in remaining melted coconut oil, add cinnamon and cacao powder and stir into a clumpy mixture. (Feel free to add more cinnamon and cacao to taste).
- Cover the mashed sweet potatoes with the topping and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
Submitted by Stina.
It turned out really yummy on Thanksgiving by the way!!!