This soup is easy to make and totally delicious! Makes 6-7 servings…
- 1 lb Organic Spicy Sausage (I used Isernio’s Chicken Sausage)
- 1 sweet potato
- 2-3 carrot sticks
- 2-3 celery stalks
- 2 yellow onions
- 3 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp curry powder
- 7-8 cups chicken broth or stock
- salt/pepper to taste
- Start by peeling the sweet potato, roughly chopping all the veggies, and mincing the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high.
- Saute the onion and garlic for a minute or two, then add the sausage. Use a big spoon or spatula to break up the sausage into chunks. Don’t make the chunks too small. You’ll want some bigger chunks that turn into delicious little meatballs when it’s finished. Cook the sausage until it’s just starting to brown.
- Add all the veggies and sweet potato. Add the curry powder, using as much as you want. I like curry so I almost quadrupled the amount listed here.
- Saute everything together, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato and carrots start to soften. While that’s cooking, add the broth to a large pot and bring it to a boil.
- Once the potatoes and carrots are soft, throw everything in the pot and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s ready, you can eat it as is or put it in a blender or food processor and puree it. I like the chunky version best.
Contributed by Zach