1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
pinch of sea salt
2 pinches of grated nutmeg
2 organic eggs
2 Tbsp grade B maple syrup (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract (find the no sugar kind!)
1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Set a pot of water on to boil (enough water to fill the baking pan as directed below).
- Combine pumpkin and all spices in one bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs lightly then whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut milk.
- Whisk the egg mixture into the pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Pour the custard into 6- 1/2 cup ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking pan and add enough boiling water to the dish to come up 2″ high around the ramekins.
- Carefully place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the custard comes out clean. (I’m pretty sure mine took a bit longer to bake, but it may be my oven!)
Serve warm or chilled. Serves 6.
Submitted by Annie Mac