3 cups blanched almond flour
2 teaspoons celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 generous tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
4 dates, chopped and pitted
¼ cup grapeseed oil (or almond oil)
3 cups carrots, grated (I used my food processor after hand grating 1 cup and nearly taking my thumb off)
1 cup walnuts, coarsly chopped
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, dates and oil. I throw it all in the vitamix to pulverize the dates.
- Stir carrots and walnuts into wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Place batter into 2 well greased, round 9 Inch cake pans (I used two 8×4 bread pans).
- Bake at 325° for 35 minutes (I baked them for about 40 minutes, but check them at 35 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the center and ensuring it comes out clean).
- Let it cool completely before removing from the pan. It sticks.
*Also makes great muffins!
Submitted by Annie Mac