Talk about alliteration! This was adapted from my good friend Desi (and it’s her picture)! She just started her own paleo blog: http://paleodeliciousness.wordpress.com/
¼ cup coconut or almond flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
¼ cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoon apple sauce
1 tablespoon vanilla
½ teaspoon honey (optional)
¼ cup blueberries (optional, but obviously delicious)
1. Mix together coconut/almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a whisk.
2. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, apple sauce, honey, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
3. Gradually add the coconut/almond flour mixture to the egg mixture as you whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
4. Heat coconut oil over medium-low heat until melted.
5. Spoon the batter into the pan in whatever size you prefer. The batter is thick, so you can shape them with the spoon. They do not bubble like regular pancakes, so keep an eye on them to make sure they’re done on one side, then flip. They should need several minutes for each side.
6. Check the edges to see if they’re done. No raw batter should show.
7. Serve with maple syrup, fruit, butter, almond butter, or plain.
Contributed by Stina